cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expiry of 'phone number

skinthegoat
Newcomer

I'm going abroad for a while and will be using a foreign SIMM in my 'phone.  Clearly, there's no point in taking out a monthly membership while I'm not here, but does this mean I'll have lost my number when I get back here?  For how long can I let my membership lapse before losing the number?  I apologise if this topic has already been covered, but I haven't been able to find it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

See here in the terms & conditions:

My reading of this is:

• After 6 months of inactivity (i.e. no membership purchase) your account is suspended
  • After a further 2 months of inactivity you lose any credit on your account
  • After a further 5 months your account is cancelled altogether and your number is lost 
  • Before this happens you can contact 48 support to get them to reactivate your account/number
  • So you would have to leave you account inactive for a total of 13 months before you would lose your number

However you might want to double check this with support to be sure if you are likely to be away for 6+ months.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

See here in the terms & conditions:

My reading of this is:

• After 6 months of inactivity (i.e. no membership purchase) your account is suspended
  • After a further 2 months of inactivity you lose any credit on your account
  • After a further 5 months your account is cancelled altogether and your number is lost 
  • Before this happens you can contact 48 support to get them to reactivate your account/number
  • So you would have to leave you account inactive for a total of 13 months before you would lose your number

However you might want to double check this with support to be sure if you are likely to be away for 6+ months.

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks Dalyer, that's great.  I'm only away for 5 or maybe 6 weeks max, so no problem.

Glad it helped.