cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-sim

JoeM5493
Visitor

Can I use an e-sim in my phone when I'm in the US without causing problems to my 48 account when I come home? Thanks

Joe

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You mean this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ESIM

Why do you think that this would affect your 48 account at all?
I can't see any reason why it would.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thank you dalyer. Has anyone any experience of using an e-Sim the US?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What make and model of phone will you be using with the esim capability?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JoeM5493
Visitor
iPhone 12 mini with 10 Gb e-sim

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I presume that the eSIM works like a second SIM similar to any regular dual SIM phone?
The Apple help/documentation should clarify how to use it and how to manage the use of the eSIM and regular SIM.
E.g.

https://support.apple.com/en-ie/HT209044

I can't see how using it would impact your use of a 48 SIM when back in Ireland.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

kieranW9209
Newcomer
Can I ask where you got the rain and how much it cost as I’m going to states too and the Don Rep ?

@kieranW9209 wrote:
Can I ask where you got the rain and how much it cost as I’m going to states too and the Don Rep ?

Just to note that you're replying to a two year old thread.

What do you mean by "rain"?

Was that a typo for eSIM?

For what it's worth 48 still don't provide eSIMs and don't support roaming in Dominican Republic - only Europe, North America and Australia/New Zealand.