cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Criteria to receive your unlock code through O2

Aoifec
Crew
Crew

Regardless of whether you're Prepay or Bill Pay with O2, O2 say that you have to fill out an online request form for them to give you the unlock code.
You'll find this at http://www.o2.ie/help/unlock-request.php
Once you've submitted the request the code will be sent to you via text or email in a couple of days.

If you’re waiting a few days you can get them on Facebook, Twitter and on their online forum to speed things up.

Pre Pay
If you're on prepay then your phone must be registered on o2.ie and have topped up €150 since you registered it (you probably registered it when you got it to allow you to top-up online). 
If you've topped up by less than €150, O2 may ask you to pay the remaining balance before they'll give you the code.

Bill Pay
If you're on bill pay then you'll need to request your unlock code before O2 will tell you the criteria needed.
You can also try calling their care line on 1747 (14c per call) if you're on pre pay or 1909 (free call) if you're on bill pay.

12 REPLIES 12

Anon
Not applicable

i have filled in the unlock form with o2 2 weeks ago and am still waiting on the phone unlock code does it normally take this long ot get the unlock code???

You'd really have to ask O2 about that unless others here have experience of unlocking handsets through O2.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

if they love you it take only 10 hours!!!!!!!!

@kapis wrote:

if they love you it take only 10 hours!!!!!!!!

Eh?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

chrisshan
Visitor

On another note if you dont feel like waiting, you can get your unlock code here in less then a day cheap and fast and all done online at our website:

ww.chris-it.ie

You can SIM unlock any phone, cheap, fast and anytime on our website! www.chris-it.ie . Our service is, safe and secure!

Anon
Not applicable

is there any other way then unlock code because o2 wont give it to me and ive no money to get it done ,,, so i have no phone

Anon
Not applicable
If there is a cell repair place near you, the chances are they will unlock your phone for roughly $20

@katie95 wrote:

is there any other way then unlock code because o2 wont give it to me and ive no money to get it done ,,, so i have no phone

Depending on the phone make/model there may be lots of ways online and elsewhere to get an unlock code.

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable

I got an iPhone on eBay but it's from O2 in England and is locked, is there anything I can do instead of paying to get it done in a shop?