cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant make or receive calls or texts.

Anon
Not applicable

Hi 48, I paid my membership 3 days ago, and I am unable to send or receive calls or texts since then. My calls just hang up and my texts seem to be stuck on "sending". I have full coverage and so do the people who I have tried to call. Can you please try help me 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Sounds odd.

What does your online account say about your membership status and expiry date?

Does the number displayed on your account look correct?

To be honest you probably need to log a support query to get 48 support to look into this for you:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

13 REPLIES 13

Internet works for me but I can't call or receive calls or messages don't work

@AndreaB6841 wrote:

Internet works for me but I can't call or receive calls or messages don't work

Do you have an active membership?

Did calls and texts ever work for you?

Have you recently been roaming abroad and are back in Ireland?

Have you contacted 48 support?

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

MaryK9317
Newcomer
I am having the same issues my phone says no sim but the number is moved over and will not be recognised someone please help as I need my phone and cannot receive calls or texts

@MaryK9317 wrote:
I am having the same issues my phone says no sim but the number is moved over and will not be recognised someone please help as I need my phone and cannot receive calls or texts

Are you using an iPhone by any chance?

If so then this may be due to the stupid way that Apple do things.

They require that an iPhone needs to be activated on a new network.

To do this on some networks requires an SMS message to be silently sent to a UK activation server.

On 48, international texts can only be sent if you have cash credit on your account to pay for them.

If you don't, then they don't get sent.

So, I would suggest that you put €1 cash credit on your account, reboot the phone, and see if it gets activated after a few minutes.

As I say, blame Apple for this stupidity.

If that doesn't help then you'll probably need to contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com