cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G not working

raffo
Newcomer
I got a new iPhone 4s and i topped it up by 20 euro twice now and each time the 3G hasnt been working , i tried all the settings required but nothing will work i am not happy as to why my internet isnt working at that i am wasting money for free internet but not getting it. Help?
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Can you make/receive calls and send/receive texts?

If so then did you configure your internet/APN settings correctly and enable data roaming?

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/internet-on-my-phone/m-p/31369#M10212

If you still can't get it working then post your internet/APN settings here for comment/review.

I presume by "top up" you mean "bought membership" in which case you have not lost out because you have your current membership and also a stacked membership which will kick in when your current one has run its course.

Your online account will clarify the details of your membership status, expiry date, stacked membership(s) and allowance balances. Make sure that you definitely do have a data allowance balance.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

raffo
Newcomer
Ive tried all the settings that are on the website , i put in all the APN settings etc. then when i turn my 3G on it still wont work , thats twice ive wasted 20 euro paying membership to get internet and can only call and text?

raffo
Newcomer
I dont know how to add pictures but in my 48 it says that i dont have internet when i clearly topped up by 20 euro? Its saying i only have calls, texts and landlines

You don't have internet because there is almost certainly something wrong with your internet/APN settings or you have not enabled data roaming.

If you post your settings for review/comment as I asked earlier then I or somebody else might be able to advise.

You don't need screenshots but post the detailed settings item by item.

Did you enable data roaming?

If necessary log a support request to ask 48 support for advice:

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.