cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim Card

bostonscientific
Newcomer
I got a new sim card today to replace the old one,but i cant get it working.Won't activate.What can i do pls?
12 REPLIES 12

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you sure that you're activating it as a *replacement* SIM and not a *new* SIM?

What exactly happens/goes wrong?

Any error messages?

You may need to contact 48 support for more assistance.

See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @bostonscientific?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

48 months are a complete shower of incompetent amateurs.

Sim card needs to be changed as not compatible with G4 , says Ram on chat. OK got replacement sim, now 48 months website is down for maintenance so can't activate sim. Nearly a week without a phone. 

I am having the same issue. Since Friday I have had no service, with no warning or explanation from 48. I assumed it was my phone so I went about updating software, restoring the phone etc. When none of that worked I inserted the sim into three different phones and none of them got any service. So I ordered a new sim but had the same problem. When I activated the sim it would say that the activation was still pending on my homepage. I used chat to get the sim activated, I've been told the sim is activated but I still have no service and the activation still comes up as pending on my homepage. Furhtermore I've contacted 48 help about the no service and the sim activation but I've heard nothing back although they claim they will respond within 24 hrs. Extremely disappointing.

Is there a problemwith 48 at the moment? I have the same problems that you have mentioned. Ordered a new sim as the old was not registering on network.Have tried everything rebooting phone etc. My issue also started last Friday. I have a replacement sim but it is not activating. Nobody is replying in the support section. 

I imagine it has to do with the 4G roll out. The fact that they're rolling out 4G at the end of 2019 says it all. 48 are keeping relatively quiet about all this, but they have said that people experiencing network loss since the roll out should order a sim. I imagine there's a large volume of customers ordering new sims and trying to activate them, which may be contributing to the issue.

48 should consider that the majority of their customers pay for a monthly membership and now those customers are blocked from using the membership they paid for because this roll out has forced people to lose service. The only reason I haven't swapped to a new network provider yet is because I still have significant credit on my account, although at this stage I'm considering cutting my losses, one week with no phone service is ridiculous. 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Strange, the website and forum are working fine for me right now although I did have problems with both yesterday...

acunicorn
Newcomer
Same issue with my sim replacement! Ticket raised but no response yet.