cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming problems

JennieB3541
Newcomer
Hi. I was in Northern Ireland for the weekend and my phone would not auto connect to any network. I manually connected to o2 and could make and received calls but I could not get any data. What am I doing wrong?
9 REPLIES 9

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Might be worth reviewing the threads linked here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56677/highlight/t...

Problems while roaming seem to be quite common for some reason even though things should just work automatically. Man Indifferent

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JohnC0259
Newcomer

My wife & I both have been on 48 for over a year, I have a Huawei mobile and my wife has a Samsung, data roaming never works on either phone when traveling in Europe - France, Portugal, Greece or Northern Ireland. Have given up trying to troubleshoot with 48 support. Initially I was told the problem was only related to the Hauwei, but we have the same problem with Samsung phones. My wife recently upgrade to a new Samsung & data romaing also refused to work recently while in Belfast.

Hi @JohnC0259 , did you try the advice in the link that I posted above? Roaming used to work for me no problems but unfortunately I haven't been abroad for a good while now...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

No, it's an very interesting post. I hope to be in France late December & will try it. If it works I let you know, if not I be moving back to Vodafone.

Thanks for your post and interest.

John

I've given up in 48 when traveling. Never works on iPhone or Android. At one point it worked once in Portugal on my iPhone but since then never again in Greece, Italy, Germany or Northern Ireland... Spent countless hours troubleshooting or reading this forum..it's insane. No such issues with Virgin or with Gomo...good riddance 48!

I have decided to leave too as its just so frustrating every time i go away, even if working in Newry it still wont work, total madness.

I am actually leaving 48 because of this issue, you would think that they would have sorted it at this stage its rediculas.

StephenM8063
Visitor

I was in Manchester over the weekend and followed the instuctions on this site which worked for me i.e. in the 48 Sim menu change the 'When Abroad' from Manual to 'International - roaming Profile'. 

I did have a lot of problems trying to get my data to work. I changed the APN settings to match what is suggested in this site but it didn't work. How I got it to work was to only add the first 2 lines in the APN settings. Took me a long time to figure this out. 

I was on the verge of leaving 48 until I got it working in the end. 

@StephenM8063 wrote:

I was in Manchester over the weekend and followed the instuctions on this site which worked for me i.e. in the 48 Sim menu change the 'When Abroad' from Manual to 'International - roaming Profile'. 

I did have a lot of problems trying to get my data to work. I changed the APN settings to match what is suggested in this site but it didn't work. How I got it to work was to only add the first 2 lines in the APN settings. Took me a long time to figure this out. 

I was on the verge of leaving 48 until I got it working in the end. 

https://community.48.ie/t5/Memberships/APN-problems/m-p/57723/highlight/true#M4624