Highlighted

Roaming problems

Newcomer
‎12-11-2021 09:18 PM
Hi. I was in Northern Ireland for the weekend and my phone would not auto connect to any network. I manually connected to o2 and could make and received calls but I could not get any data. What am I doing wrong?
Posted from Samsung SM-G973F
0 Likes

Re: Roaming problems

The Legend
‎13-11-2021 05:55 PM

Might be worth reviewing the threads linked here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56677/highlight/t...

Problems while roaming seem to be quite common for some reason even though things should just work automatically. Man Indifferent

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎23-11-2021 08:33 PM

My wife & I both have been on 48 for over a year, I have a Huawei mobile and my wife has a Samsung, data roaming never works on either phone when traveling in Europe - France, Portugal, Greece or Northern Ireland. Have given up trying to troubleshoot with 48 support. Initially I was told the problem was only related to the Hauwei, but we have the same problem with Samsung phones. My wife recently upgrade to a new Samsung & data romaing also refused to work recently while in Belfast.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎23-11-2021 10:43 PM

Hi @JohnC0259 , did you try the advice in the link that I posted above? Roaming used to work for me no problems but unfortunately I haven't been abroad for a good while now...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎24-11-2021 08:30 PM

No, it's an very interesting post. I hope to be in France late December & will try it. If it works I let you know, if not I be moving back to Vodafone.

Thanks for your post and interest.

John

0 Likes

Newcomer
Saturday

I've given up in 48 when traveling. Never works on iPhone or Android. At one point it worked once in Portugal on my iPhone but since then never again in Greece, Italy, Germany or Northern Ireland... Spent countless hours troubleshooting or reading this forum..it's insane. No such issues with Virgin or with Gomo...good riddance 48!

Posted from Generic Android 2.0 Tablet
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community