cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My 48 contacts aren’t showing up to share data

irishkiwi
Visitor
My family & friends on the 48 network have been trying to share data but we're not showing up in each other’s contact lists to do so, even though I’ve introduced them all to 48.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hersjohnnie
Newcomer
@irishkiwi..I had the same issue but I figured out that both you and the person's you want to share with (that also have 48) must allow the 48 app to access your contacts. So if you that enabled but the other person doesn't you won't see them on your share list until they do likewise. Hope that helps!

View solution in context

8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Somebody else reported this recently:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/Sharing-data/m-p/53360

You might need to contact 48 support and ask them to sort it out.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Did that help at all @irishkiwi ?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

irishkiwi
Visitor
Yes - thanks so much. It’s helped a bit. Apologies I’ve taken a while to reply. I wasn’t able to access this thread.
Appreciate your help. Thank you.

hersjohnnie
Newcomer
@irishkiwi..I had the same issue but I figured out that both you and the person's you want to share with (that also have 48) must allow the 48 app to access your contacts. So if you that enabled but the other person doesn't you won't see them on your share list until they do likewise. Hope that helps!

Thanks so much. Appreciate this insight heaps.

if that the case and your friend have no data they can't down load the 48 app  omg 

So they connect to an available WiFi LAN and download it there?

hersjohnnie
Newcomer
No problem! Glad you got sorted.