cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile network as a utility bill

KevinK5794
Visitor

Hi folks, I moved to the Republic from Northern Ireland in late 2020 and have been with 48 for four months. Because I am new to the country, I will have to build up a credit history from scratch. I spoke with a mortgage advisor, he said that because I am currently living with my girlfriends parents it is tricky because I don't have any utility bills as such. He suggested that I get a mobile phone contract as an easy means of utility bill. The problem is that 48 isn't really a contract as such and doesn't send me out any form of statements with a proof of address. Does this mean I will have to consider changing to a much more expensive 12-24 month contract from the likes of Vodafone, Three or Eir for example? Is there no way to get paper/digital statements from 48 that includes my address?

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Some people have previously obtained VAT invoices from 48 which might be relevant here?

Contact 48 support (see the link in my signature below) and ask them if they can provide you with a "utility bill".

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

SaritaG0361
Newcomer
Did you happen to resolve this issue?

@SaritaG0361 wrote:
Did you happen to resolve this issue?

You can get 48 bills/invoices nowadays from the Transactions section of your My48 account:

But they still don't include your home address unfortunately.

If you need to contact 48 support to see if they can send you a bill/invoice that includes your address then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.