cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeping 48 account active while travelling abroad for a year

DanR9928
Newcomer

Hi there,

I am planning to travel to the UK for a year and would like to inquire about the following:

1.  I would like to stop my current 100GB plan subscription, but I wish to retain my phone number during this period. Is it possible to keep my number without subscribing to a plan?

2.  Can I continue to use my SIM card while I am in the UK for an extended period, even without an active plan subscription? If so, could you provide information on the charges or any applicable rates for such usage?

3.  Lastly, under what circumstances might my 48 mobile phone number be deactivated?

Your guidance on these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Is it possible to keep my number without subscribing to a plan?

Yes but you need to buy a membership plan before any 6 month period without a membership plan expires.

If you fail to buy a membership plan for more than 6 months then your account will become deactivated/terminated.

Can I continue to use my SIM card while I am in the UK for an extended period, even without an active plan subscription?

You definitely won't be able to make calls/send texts/use data without an active membership plan.

I suspect that incoming calls and texts will only work while roaming abroad if you have an active plan.

You might want to check that with 48 support.

Lastly, under what circumstances might my 48 mobile phone number be deactivated?

If you don't buy a membership plan for more than 6 months.

Details here:

8. Terminating and ending the agreement

8.1 You can end your agreement with us at any stage by not using the 48 Services and choosing not to top up your Account at any stage over a 6 month period or if we tell you that there is a modification to these Terms and Conditions and you do not accept the modification by notifying us in the ways we allow of your non acceptance within 30 days of the date we make publicly known or directly tell you about the modification. No cancellation charges will apply.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Is it possible to keep my number without subscribing to a plan?

Yes but you need to buy a membership plan before any 6 month period without a membership plan expires.

If you fail to buy a membership plan for more than 6 months then your account will become deactivated/terminated.

Can I continue to use my SIM card while I am in the UK for an extended period, even without an active plan subscription?

You definitely won't be able to make calls/send texts/use data without an active membership plan.

I suspect that incoming calls and texts will only work while roaming abroad if you have an active plan.

You might want to check that with 48 support.

Lastly, under what circumstances might my 48 mobile phone number be deactivated?

If you don't buy a membership plan for more than 6 months.

Details here:

8. Terminating and ending the agreement

8.1 You can end your agreement with us at any stage by not using the 48 Services and choosing not to top up your Account at any stage over a 6 month period or if we tell you that there is a modification to these Terms and Conditions and you do not accept the modification by notifying us in the ways we allow of your non acceptance within 30 days of the date we make publicly known or directly tell you about the modification. No cancellation charges will apply.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Sorry, small correction.

If you don't buy a membership plan for more than 6 months then your account becomes suspended but you still have another 5 (or is it 7? the wording is confusing) months to get it reactivated:

7.3 Where the 48 Services are suspended because you have chosen not to purchase top up credit or make a chargeable use in respect of your Account for a period of 6 months, we will remove any credit on your Account after a further 2 months and credit will not be recoverable. Your service will then remain suspended for a further 5 months and can be reconnected at any time during this period. When the suspension period ends your service will be disconnected, this agreement will end and your number will be immediately lost.

I'm assuming that the following means purchasing a membership plan but it's not really clear if it could also refer to buying an add-on or topping up the cash credit balance...

you have chosen not to purchase top up credit or make a chargeable use in respect of your Account

DanR9928
Newcomer

Many thanks for the detailed description.