cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to temporarily transfer my number to Vodafone

PEKFONGN4264
Newcomer
Hi, I m traveling to Malaysia for a month. I've checked that 48.ie hasn't got roaming services there. I need to be able to receive text messages for security verification purposes. Does anyone know if it's possible for me to transfer my number to Vodafone for a month without losing my contract/subscription with 48.ie? I'm happy to continue paying my 48.ie subscription. Haven't been able to get through to support for the last 24hrs.
1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

I don't think that this is possible but you'll have to ask 48 support to be sure.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I believe that if you transfer your 48 number to another provider then your 48 account will be terminated.

I don't know if it's possible to keep it active with a different number for a month or so like you need here.

But if it's not then you can still transfer to Vodafone and then when you return create a new account with 48, get a new SIM, start afresh, and then transfer your number back over from Vodafone.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.