cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency DART Text Number - Why is it not supported!

RicardoC2937
Visitor

While on the DART the other day I tried to text the emergency number to report a junkie who was shooting up heroin and dropping needles all over the place. 

The number that someone must text is 51444. The text kept failing on me, even though I had a strong signal. I ended up using my sister's phone who is with Vodafone and the text went through fine.

This is serious and needs to be fixed. 

Best,

R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dayler, cheers for stating the obvious. My above post is intended to bring attention to a serious problem that other service providers have not overlooked. Not just to state the sky is blue. Thanks for the contribution. Hopefully 48 will address the issue and other customers can be aware of this.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

48 simply doesn't support sending texts to premium SMS 5xxxx numbers unfortunately.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Dayler, cheers for stating the obvious. My above post is intended to bring attention to a serious problem that other service providers have not overlooked. Not just to state the sky is blue. Thanks for the contribution. Hopefully 48 will address the issue and other customers can be aware of this.

You're welcome.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

As useful as 48 customer service haha.