cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Purchase Membership

CiaranR5304
Newcomer

Got a new 48 SIM. Have number switched over from my old provider.

Went to purchase membership and it declined.

I tried with three different cards (all with correct details and no credit issues) on three different browsers - I tried manual and auto-renewal. I cleared cache, cookies, etc. beforehand.

Any ideas what the heck is going on??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll need to contact 48 support.
See here

https://community.48.ie/t5/Memberships/customer-care-number/m-p/53861

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll need to contact 48 support.
See here

https://community.48.ie/t5/Memberships/customer-care-number/m-p/53861

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

done. all sorted 🙂

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What was the solution in case it helps others @CiaranR5304?

donalm2220
Newcomer

has anybody got a resolution to this issue? if i can't get a solution quickly I may have to port away from 48 mobile straight away

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You mean the card payment problem described by @CiaranR5304 above?
As I said earlier you'll need to contact 48 support.
Nobody here on the community forum can fix this for you.

Hope this helps.

Hi folks, my problem was I tried to go in and buy the membership. There's a way that you can register your card first (it charges 1 cent or something to do this) and then I was able to purchase the membership after that. The folks working on the online chat helped me.

As far as I know the 1c charge gets refunded back to your card.

That transaction should just be a test transaction to check that the card exists and can be validated.

Good point about registering the card rather than just using it "on demand" - maybe there's a difference there and the registration "validates" the card properly (using the VISA 3D Secure or equivalent check) whereas using it on demand does not?