cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-renewal of Membership does not work...

DenisB6311
Visitor

Hi.  I joined 48, 3-4 months ago, after having been with Three for 11+ years.  From the get-go, I have had Auto-renewal of Memberships activated, but only for the 1st month has this worked - below's a screen-grab of what I've been confronted with for the past 2 months.

Basically, I'm being told that "...something went wrong..." when it tries auto-renewing my membership, and that I must go to 48's web-site and renew it manually.  What is really infuriating about this, is that 48 will not let me access any web-site - INCLUDING 48's SITE - through the 48 sim when the Membership expires!!!  My only recourse has been to go without internet until i can log onto the 48 web-site through a public 'hotspot' at work.  Not only is this very inconvenient, there are the obvious security implications of having to login over a public internet connection.

Having spent more than a decade with Three, I know first-hand that Three will allow you to access their web-site 'to fix things' if you run out of credit, so I'm at a loss as to why 48, an offshoot of Three, will not allow the same.  To say I find this shortsighted is an understatement.

Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, how do I go about getting 48 to fix it?  Thanks,

48's Broken Memberships.48's Broken Memberships.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Try support@48months.zendesk.com or log a support ticket.
See the link in my signature below.

Hope this helps
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

12 REPLIES 12

ThinkT7225
Newcomer
That's odd. It used to be that even if your membership had expired or your data was used up then you could still access the 48 app and site.
If that's not the case you should report it to 48 support because it really should be possible so that users can renew membership, buy add-ons etc.

On the auto renew issue have you tried deleting the registered card details and registering them afresh?
There was a change in banking regulations this year that may also have affected this so I would try that first.
If it doesn't help then you'll have to contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.

Once gain posts appear under the wrong name and not mine - an ongoing bug with the community forum... 😞

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

RebeccaS0901
Newcomer

Same, just got an email saying I had to resign up for membership. I never turned off my automatic membership. Is there an email to contact them? Because they don't have a functioning live chat option. 

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Hope this helps

Thank you for the response and for supplying 48's Support email address.  I looked everywhere but couldn't see it anywhere!  I'll contact them to see if they can fix this.

Glad to hear that when 'working', 48 will allow you to access their web-site without credit - anything else seems daft!  I haven't tried deleting/re-registering my CC details yet, but I've been looking for possible causes for the problem and notice that in the screen-grab I posted, 48 says they're going to charge me €7 for Membership renewal, which is not the correct amount - €7.99 is the correct charge.  Maybe it's something that trivial.

I'm happy to report that 48 fixed the auto-renewal issue once contacted via the email address provided - it worked this month anyway, and hopefully, the problem won't re-occur.  Thanks for the help.

@dalyer wrote:

Hope this helps

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Glad to hear that you got it sorted.

DanielB6006
Newcomer
I got a message saying that my current membership will be auto renewed. Updated the app and then 2 days later no membership had to renew again. Did I pay for 2 membership.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What does your transaction history say?

https://48.ie/my48/transactions

Does your My48 account list a "stacked/queued" membership?

https://48.ie/my48

If you think that you have been charged incorrectly then you should contact 48 support to get it looked into/sorted.

Hope this helps.