cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water charges

Anon
Not applicable
I know I know who wants to read those two words again.. But I just wanted you guys to know if you're not living at home and are worrying about those **bleep** charges then you should know you can get special shower heads from Amazon that make the water feel like it's just as pressurised but uses considerably less water! Just thought youd like to know 🙂
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

An aerating shower head?

You can get similar adaptors for certain taps and it reduces the amount of water used.

Lots of hotels etc. use them already.

But unless you're metered already then it doesn't make any difference for the first year or so as you'll just pay a flat charge anyway.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

bigjoeod
Regular

I wont be paying for water, government cant prevent me from having a human right, even if I refuse to pay it.

Anon
Not applicable
was pretty cool to hear that 100,000 people were at that march yesterday.

Anon
Not applicable
They technically can't MAKE you pay for it but they can control the water flow.
Meaning they can reduce the water from your taps to a trickle of they want 😕

Technically they can; legaly they can't.

Human right to water (Ref: http://www.UN.org)

The UN declaration on human rights is part of internation law and signed/recognized by the Irish state. If Irish water try to cut your supply off they are in breach of your human rights and CAN be taken to court.