cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is there a one-time activation fee on 48?

AindriuM6713
Newcomer

Dear Customer Care Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I recently came across your enticing offer of the All Data 200GB €12.99 Plan, which includes a month of free service upon signing up. However, I noticed that there is also a one-time activation fee of €12.99 associated with this plan.

Upon reviewing similar offers from other networks, it appears that they do not impose such an activation fee for SIM-only services. Considering that the infrastructure provided by your company seems minimal, I am curious about the rationale behind this activation fee.

Could you please clarify why there is an activation fee equivalent to one month's service when your service primarily involves providing a SIM card via post? This information would greatly assist me in understanding the value proposition of your service compared to other options in the market.

I appreciate your attention to this matter and look forward to your response.

Best regards,

Aindriú

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

48 support don't generally monitor or respond to posts here on the Community Forum.

If you want to address them directly then you'll need to contact them using one of the channels linked in my signature below. 

Bear in mind that the second month's membership plan is free so that effectively cancels out the one-time activation fee in practice.

In effect the initial €25.98 charge is a payment for the first two months.

Why they do it this way? Only 48 support are in a position to tell you this.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.