cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uk phone number but now in Ireland, what do I need to do?

GeraldineF1703
Newcomer

Hi I have moved to Ireland from UK and still am using UK number. What do I need to do to my phone to be able to set up an Irish  SIM only ? My phone is unlocked. I cannot even order a 48 SIM online as I get a message saying I am ordering from outside Ireland.

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need an Irish postal address to get a 48 SIM.

Where exactly in the SIM ordering process do you get the message that you mention and what is the exact wording of it?

You obviously won't be able to port your UK mobile number over to an Irish carrier - 48 or anyone else.

So you shouldn't enter your UK number when ordering if ever asked for a phone number.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yes I have an Irish address and I am not expecting to move my UK number, I think it must be something to do with the settings on my phone, but I don't understand what

You didn't explain where exactly in the process you're getting the message and what it is exactly...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.