cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM not working

JoeG5151
Newcomer
My New 48 SIM doesn’t seem to be working. I cannot access my 48 account either. So cannot request a new SIM. BUT my number has transferred to 48 so cannot use my old SIM. Any solutions, anyone, please??!!
9 REPLIES 9

GemmaM8413
Newcomer
The same thing has happened to me!

@GemmaM8413 wrote:
The same thing has happened to me!

What exactly happens when you insert the activated 48 SIM and switch on the phone (which, in this case, does not seem to be an iPhone)?

Any messages or other odd functionality?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@JoeG5151 wrote:
My New 48 SIM doesn’t seem to be working. I cannot access my 48 account either. So cannot request a new SIM. BUT my number has transferred to 48 so cannot use my old SIM. Any solutions, anyone, please??!!

You seem to be using an iPhone so it's possible that you will need a small amount of cash credit on your account for the iPhone to send a UK SMS in order to activate with the new SIM (due to the stupid way that Apple do things).

Try putting a small amount of cash credit on your account (I think that €1 is the minimum?) then switch the phone off and on again and then wait a bit and see if the SIM starts working for calls and texts.

Data will only work when you configure your internet/APN settings.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/My-Internet-is-not-working/ta-p/45928

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JoeG5151
Newcomer
Thank you! This maybe the issue. Do I put the old sim back in the phone and add money to the old 3 network? Sorry not great at all this. I think this maybe the problem as I don’t think he got the code text but my other son did. Will try it when he arrives home!!

JoeG5151
Newcomer
It is an iPhone! He just gets nothing. Absolutely nothing. He cannot connect to his 48 account either. It is like the sim is faulty.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
No I meant add some cash credit to the 48 account to pay for the UK text that iPhones send to a UK server to activate on some networks due to the stupid way that Apple do things.
But if you can get onto the 48 account to do this and don't know somebody who can gift €1 in cash credit then you'll have to contact 48 support.

Hope this helps.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
"if you CAN'T get onto the 48 account"

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What do you mean he didn't get "a code text"?
Maybe the SIM was been never activated at all?!?

Any update @JoeG5151 ?