cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number ported to Tesco not 48

IanE0229
Newcomer
Hi. I recently joined 48. In the process of trying to port my old number I incorrectly put in my account details as single rather than multi-line. Having eventually got it right my number did not port. I contacted Virgin and they told me the number had ported to Tesco who are 48’s network provider. Almost a week later and numerous calls to the Care Crew I still don’t have my number. Virgin cannot help me as my account with them is closed. 3 other family numbers I have ported without problem. I really don’t want to lose my old number - any suggestions please I am at my wits end.
5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Tesco are not 48's network provider.

Three are 48's network provider.

They also happen to be Tesco's too.

If your number ported to Tesco then you must have used Tesco's number porting process

https://www.tescomobile.ie/help-centre/my-tesco-mobile/moving-your-number

and not 48's.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Getting-Started-Move-Your-Number/ta-p/53100

In which case you need to deal with Tesco and ask them about porting your number from them to 48.

48 can't do anything about numbers that were incorrectly ported to another provider so there's no point in contacting them about this.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

IanE0229
Newcomer
Many thanks. So I have successfully ported 3 other family members across from Virgin. It’s only my number that has been “lost”. It was a Virgin tech who advised me that the number had been ported to Tesco….I haven’t tried to port to Tesco only to 48. It’s pretty weird but the short story is my account with VM is closed ie they have no access to my number. And it hasn’t ported to 48 - at least not against my name. Thanks for correction on Tesco v 3. The number I tried to port was originally a Tesco mobile number but that shouldn’t make any difference…

IanE0229
Newcomer
I have contacted the support agents and they advised that they have escalated the situation so hopefully they can resolve. It’s a a bit messy but let’s see.

PatriciaH9917
Newcomer

Have tried to port my number from Tesco sim only €10 monthly which I believe is classed as bill pay.to 48 several times.

Got my account number from Tesco.

Tried then to use customer number on my bill, but this has a . In it , so 48 will not accept that as only numbers accepted.

What if you omit the dot?

You may need to contact 48 support about this.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.