cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely disappointed with 48

MarkC8217
Newcomer

Hi,

I joined 48 a few months ago and it's been a nightmare ever since!  People unable to get through.  Engaged tone yet I had 4 bars on my phone and was not on my phone at all, and, even when I was within my WiFi area, it made no difference.  Then they would ring later and get the engaged tone - yet still I had made or received NO calls!  I think that 48 is a bit of a scam to be honest.  You can make calls but not receive many.  Colleagues got frustrated trying to get through and just gave up!  My manager thought I had my phone turned off yet could see I was working away online and had to message me on screen to ask me to turn my phone on when it already was.

I am switching back to Virgin Mobile as at least with them I have a better service!  I would not recommend 48 to ANYONE!  They also said, I understood, that I would have a 4G network yet only have had a 3G since joining and have a perfectly good, brand new iPhone SE.

Should be switching to VM in the coming hour and it can't come any sooner!

Others might find the price enticing (I know I did 😂)  - but €7 a month for practically no service?

If you've just joined switch back out ASAP!

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@MarkC8217 wrote:

Hi,

I joined 48 a few months ago and it's been a nightmare ever since!  People unable to get through.  Engaged tone yet I had 4 bars on my phone and was not on my phone at all, and, even when I was within my WiFi area, it made no difference.

Wifi has nothing to do with being able to make/receive calls.

@MarkC8217 wrote:
 Then they would ring later and get the engaged tone - yet still I had made or received NO calls!  I think that 48 is a bit of a scam to be honest.

Well it's not a scam because many people are using it happily without problems.

@MarkC8217 wrote:
 You can make calls but not receive many.  Colleagues got frustrated trying to get through and just gave up!  My manager thought I had my phone turned off yet could see I was working away online and had to message me on screen to ask me to turn my phone on when it already was.

I am switching back to Virgin Mobile as at least with them I have a better service!  I would not recommend 48 to ANYONE!  They also said, I understood, that I would have a 4G network yet only have had a 3G since joining and have a perfectly good, brand new iPhone SE.

Should be switching to VM in the coming hour and it can't come any sooner!

Others might find the price enticing (I know I did 😂)  - but €7 a month for practically no service?

If you've just joined switch back out ASAP!

I wonder if some or all of your problems were down to using an iPhone because Apple employ silly activation requirements that don't work automatically on networks that they don't "approve" and which confuse users and cost them more than other phone users? Anyway if you've decided to leave 48 it probably doesn't make any difference at this stage.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

BenM6349
Newcomer

BenM6349
Newcomer
Why, when not on wfi do I always have 3G and not 4G like advertised?

Are you sure that your APN settings are correctly configured?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

Is LTE enabled - you seem to be using an iPhone?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7845984

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203124

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.