Roaming not staying on

Newcomer
‎05-06-2021 02:02 PM
5 of us are in Northern Ireland, all on 48 plan, 4 of us can use roaming but my husband's roaming toggle won't stay on. I've followed the trouble shooting guide and changed the APN but that hasn't worked. Anyone ever have a similar problem? He has a Huawei P20, same as my phone which is working OK.
Posted from Huawei EML-L09
0 Likes

Re: Roaming not staying on

The Legend
‎05-06-2021 05:15 PM
Could you switch SIMs and see if that makes any difference?
I.e. your SIM in your husband's phone and his SIM in your phone.
Just to see if it's related to the phone or the SIM?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎05-06-2021 06:06 PM
That's a good idea, thank you.
Posted from Huawei EML-L09
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎24-06-2021 10:59 PM
Hi there, I've a Huawei honor 10 and was up in NI.. It didn't work either. Same problem, the toggle wouldn't stick. Did this work for you? 48 support told me that there's an ongoing issue with roaming and Huawei handsets. This has been the case for years.. Its why I left the network a long time ago!
Posted from Huawei COL-L29
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎25-06-2021 12:41 PM

Hi Sonja, didn't try it in the end as I didn't know my sim pin code so couldn't power off my phone! It's weird though as he has the exact same phone as me and mine was fine.

0 Likes

The Legend
‎25-06-2021 12:44 PM

@SharonG4783 wrote:

Hi Sonja, didn't try it in the end as I didn't know my sim pin code so couldn't power off my phone! It's weird though as he has the exact same phone as me and mine was fine.

For what it's worth if you don't know your SIM PIN then you can just enter it wrong three times and then use the PUK available from your My48 account.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/I-forgot-my-PIN-or-need-my-PUK/ta-p/256 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎06-07-2021 02:03 PM
Hi Sharon, thanks for the reply. Good to know that roaming works somewhere on the Huawei spectrum! I've tried to get an update from 48 on progress for a long time and all I get is our engineers are working on this problem!
Posted from Huawei COL-L29
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Top Discussions
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community