cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not staying on

SharonG4783
Newcomer
5 of us are in Northern Ireland, all on 48 plan, 4 of us can use roaming but my husband's roaming toggle won't stay on. I've followed the trouble shooting guide and changed the APN but that hasn't worked. Anyone ever have a similar problem? He has a Huawei P20, same as my phone which is working OK.
8 REPLIES 8

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Could you switch SIMs and see if that makes any difference?
I.e. your SIM in your husband's phone and his SIM in your phone.
Just to see if it's related to the phone or the SIM?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

SharonG4783
Newcomer
That's a good idea, thank you.

SonjaE9362
Newcomer
Hi there, I've a Huawei honor 10 and was up in NI.. It didn't work either. Same problem, the toggle wouldn't stick. Did this work for you? 48 support told me that there's an ongoing issue with roaming and Huawei handsets. This has been the case for years.. Its why I left the network a long time ago!

Hi Sonja, didn't try it in the end as I didn't know my sim pin code so couldn't power off my phone! It's weird though as he has the exact same phone as me and mine was fine.

@SharonG4783 wrote:

Hi Sonja, didn't try it in the end as I didn't know my sim pin code so couldn't power off my phone! It's weird though as he has the exact same phone as me and mine was fine.

For what it's worth if you don't know your SIM PIN then you can just enter it wrong three times and then use the PUK available from your My48 account.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/I-forgot-my-PIN-or-need-my-PUK/ta-p/256 

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

SonjaE9362
Newcomer
Hi Sharon, thanks for the reply. Good to know that roaming works somewhere on the Huawei spectrum! I've tried to get an update from 48 on progress for a long time and all I get is our engineers are working on this problem!

MichelleK3178
Newcomer
I just experiences the same issue while in UK. I followed all steps to delete and recreate a new apn and still had same prob. I have a huawei p20 and my mum was also on a huawei. I have roamed before on other netweok with this phone without issue.

Maybe try the advice linked here?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56677/highlight/t...