cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outgoing Mail server

stewarth
Newcomer

Hi, I have an Eircom.net email account but can't send emails via 48 mobile data. Works fine using wifi.

Can't get the outgoing server settings to work.

Eir are of no help, I've tried them.

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks.

S.

11 REPLIES 11

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What happens?
Any errors?
What is your configuration?
Can you receive emails?
What app are you using?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Only joined less then a month ago. Been talking to chat but no solution yet. 

Only error is that outgoing server could not connect to server. 

I've used a few different apps, same result. 

Tried loads of different settings. 

The recommended is:

mail1.eircom.net

Port: 25 or 587.

I can receive email fine,  but not send over 48 data. 

Everything works fine on wifi. 

Hope you can help. 

Cheers.  S.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
According to this...

https://www.eir.ie/support/webmail/issues-sending-eir-webmail/

"Outside of an eir broadband connection, you will need to edit the 'Outgoing Mail server' to the outgoing mail server of the internet provider you're connected to."

But as far as I know 48 don't provide any outgoing email server...

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Yes I  did see that eir link.

Am I  right in saying that 48 is piggy backed on the 3 network and 3 have shut down

there outgoing server.

If so, it leaves 48 a bit exposed. 

I would find it had to believe that 48 would leave their customers with no email service.

Disappointed.

S.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll have to ask 48 support about the mail server issue but I'm pretty sure that 48 don't provide one.

Hope this helps.

48 do but eircom is mail1.eircom.net as far as I know its probably eircom you need to reach out to. It'll work in the browser but i had awful probs with sending eircom mails 6 months ago so I changed. It should be obsolete at this stage, most use gmail and that never gives problems

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
What's 48's outgoing mail server so?

@dalyer no I mean 48 and three are linked. you're right there's no outgoing for 48 and Three shut theirs down but from looking online its cuz it was intermittently working/not working and causing issue and it was actually inherited from O2. Eircom provides the outgoing but it didn't work for me. I was just saying really @stewarth should move from eircom as its more or less obsolete now and get with another provider

Hi, thanks for the interest.

This I  lifted from the eir site....: " 

Are you accessing your emails through an email client (e.g. Outlook/Mac Mail)?

• Emails sent through these will only send when you’re connected to an eir broadband or WiFi connection.
  • Outside of an eir broadband connection, you will need to edit the "Outgoing Mail server" to the outgoing mail server of the internet provider you're connected to."

The last 5 or six words tell the thruth of my problem. Eir are playing silly beggars and trying to freeze out the

competition .

Despite long conversations with 48 they will not admit they have no access to a email server.

So the email address I've used for many decades is now hobbled by having a wifi connection to send my email😢

Maybe 48 will expand, in time and provide access to servers.

Here's hoping!