cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal

wobs
Visitor
Hi my son has no signal on his phone and in his 48 apn settings it say “proximity” I’m with 48 myself and it’s fine for me I’m iOS he is android please help ive tried entering 48 settings but keeps going back to proximus
6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

You need to explain the issue more clearly.

You mention "proximity" and "proximus".

What do both of these mean?

In what context do they arise?

Are you abroad/roaming?

If so have you checked this?

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179

And

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/td-p/56352

If necessary, contact 48 support.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

wobs
Visitor
Hi no not roaming and the proximus is the APN but I thought this only comes when roaming, I tried to revert the APN back to the settings recommended but they keep reverting back to the proximus

Ok, I don't know why changing the APN settings doesn't work.

But that should only affect data connectivity and not network connectivity for calls/texts.

Can you do a search for networks and manually select 48?

If that works does it then let you change the APN settings?

If that doesn't help then you'll probably have to contact 48 support as I suggested above.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

wobs
Visitor
I was able to select 48 but it said can’t connect at this this, I’ll get on to support thank you

Did this phone ever work on 48?

Is it unlocked for use on any network?

Can you try your SIM in your son's phone and his SIM in yours to see what happens?

wobs
Visitor
Yes he has had 48 for 2 years now so I’m going to try sim in another phone and see if the sim is the problem that’s what support suggested also, thank you