cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands

CraigM4512
Newcomer

Hi, 

Im currently in Fuerteventura and my internet on my phone is not working. 

I have tried all the steps per this post https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179.

When I add the APN it keeps disappearing. Has anyone been able to fix this while roaming? Im using a samsung S7 phone and have tried using my sim in another device but still no luck. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update I received this morning over chat after going through the configuration steps again.

Some Network 48 Customers are currently experiencing issues using mobile data while roaming. Our technical team are working to restore full service as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

View solution in context

23 REPLIES 23

In Northern Ireland today and Data not working for me.Tried When Abroad > Network Selection > Manual > Home profile.Phone on off numerous times.Roaming showing up on screen.I can make phone calls no problem. Is There anything else I can try.Going to Cannaries in March so need working.Thanks in advance.

As I said above I never got roaming  to work in the Canaries (Gran Canaria, Puerto Rico). I thought for ages it might have been my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. What sort of phone do you have? In on Guido membership.

I ask again, did anybody get roaming working in Gran Canaria recently?

In a way I've no problem with not being able to get roaming when abroad because 48 is so cheap and good at home.

What annoys me is that I don't think we're being told the truth about the reliability of roaming. If they were open and admitted to the problem and said "look, what do you want for €10.99?" I'd be happy enough. I've wasted so much time trying to get it to work over the last three years!

Apparently the problem lies in the fact that 48 are piggy-backing on other providers and they don't get a guaranteed service from them. If you want guaranteed roaming then I think you have to go with one of the more expensive primary providers like EIR, THREE or VODAFONE. They are more expensive however.

That's my view anyway, so if more expert people know more please let us know.

Thanks for this info. After many hours of frustration trying to get 48 working in Barcelona, this tip solved it. I had given up after previous trips to Alicante and Grand Canarias, vowing to change back to Vodafone. For now will hold off, but the jury is still out. 48 need to make it simpler to turn on roaming abroad instead of it being a deeply frustration experience, forcing many subscribers to give up...

@TonyC3696 wrote:
Thanks for this info. After many hours of frustration trying to get 48 working in Barcelona, this tip solved it.

Can you clarify which info/tip in particular helped? Thanks.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JoM8877
Newcomer
I’ve had the same problem, worked intermittently in Spain, but not at all in France or Belgium. So frustrating! I tried all the advice I could find online to no avail

It's back now in Gran Canaria for me.

I think I'll get a pay as you go sim from one of the main networks in Ireland and use it the next time I go on holidays.

48 is so good and cheap at home I wouldn't like to ditch it.

It's a pity the roaming is such a problem.

maryaj
Newcomer
Am the same help

JoM8877
Newcomer
This is so frustrating. I spent ages on chat the other day and was promised that it would definitely work if I added the APN settings, but guess what - it doesn’t. I’m afraid a network change is the only solution 😞

PatrickJO1998
Visitor
Have to agree I was in North of Irelan d last 2 weeks and no phone or data working borrowed a friend's three UK sim and it works perfectly so we need a dual sim phone to get everything while away 48 support on this is terrible and asking in a phone shop they say 48 is no paying European networks and that's why it's not working for everybody.

PatrickJO1998
Visitor
P S to above now tried a three Ireland sim and it works fine in UK. 48 need to sort this or will lose lots of customers.