cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet not working in Fuerteventura, Canary Islands

CraigM4512
Newcomer

Hi, 

Im currently in Fuerteventura and my internet on my phone is not working. 

I have tried all the steps per this post https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/The-Roaming-Troubleshooting-Guide/ta-p/52179.

When I add the APN it keeps disappearing. Has anyone been able to fix this while roaming? Im using a samsung S7 phone and have tried using my sim in another device but still no luck. 

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update I received this morning over chat after going through the configuration steps again.

Some Network 48 Customers are currently experiencing issues using mobile data while roaming. Our technical team are working to restore full service as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

View solution in context

23 REPLIES 23

mal456
Newcomer
Same in Malta.. I’ve been here for 2 weeks and was working perfectly. Past 5 days or so I have phone signal but no internet working at all.

Update I received this morning over chat after going through the configuration steps again.

Some Network 48 Customers are currently experiencing issues using mobile data while roaming. Our technical team are working to restore full service as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

why don't 48 let us all know - all i get is text on how to roam abroad with 48 - but no updates - terrible customer service.

NeilK6758
Newcomer
Im in france, same issue, about 5 days with no data - no customer service and no notification from 48 unless i start talking to support crew. really bad customer service.

mal456
Newcomer
Thanks for the update Craig. Hopefully restored sooner than later. Quite an inconvenience when it’s not working!

Seems like the issue is resolved now. Started working again this morning. Lets hope it doesnt drop again! 🙂

ProinsiasC5332
Newcomer
I'm in Austria, since the 15th January. No internet since I came. Disaster.

ProinsiasC5332
Newcomer
Guys, it's back working today. I'm just after editing the existing APN (proximus I think it was called) I added 48 internet to the first line, and I added 48months.liffeytelecom.com to the second line. The H+ then appeared in the top corner. Happy days!

I'm on Gran Canaria and it's still not working here.

In fact I've been coming here for the last 3 years and it NEVER worked.

48 is great for Ireland but in my experience roaming with it is a disaster.

I've finally given up and will be changing to a new network when I get home.