cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting every few minutes

KevinC9659
Visitor
When I'm downloading a large file I get disconnected every few minutes. I'm using a OnePlus 6 phone. At the top right of my screen the 4g logo disappears for 3 seconds and then reappears. This happens every few minutes. I have the correct apn settings. My connection is fine but just keeps dropping and reconnecting. Anyone else experience anything like this?
16 REPLIES 16

KevinC9659
Visitor
Have you entered your apn settings correctly?

Here is a link for the how to....

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53...

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Did it ever work?
If so when did it stop working?
Do you have roaming enabled?
Is your APN configured correctly?
Is the phone unlocked for use on any network?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Any update @FionaD5539?
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
@KevinC9659 in answer to your question about calls to Irish mobiles while roaming in NI it looks like they are *not* covered by you membership/add-on call minutes allowances unless they meant to include UK/NI here when they say EU?

https://48.ie/legal/price-plan-details

"Unlimited minutes for calls made to landlines including non-geographic numbers (1800, 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076) and mobiles within the Republic of Ireland and calls made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland."

kleefarr
Visitor
We can't connect all using mobile data most of the time since update.
Didn't have any issues prior to update.

KevinC9659
Visitor
Thanks @dalyer

I thought the same myself but I wasn't sure. I contacted support on facebook and they said it does include uk and NI. that's good to know 🙂

LiamK2092
Newcomer
Lost contact with Community.Shobnan