cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting every few minutes

KevinC9659
Visitor
When I'm downloading a large file I get disconnected every few minutes. I'm using a OnePlus 6 phone. At the top right of my screen the 4g logo disappears for 3 seconds and then reappears. This happens every few minutes. I have the correct apn settings. My connection is fine but just keeps dropping and reconnecting. Anyone else experience anything like this?
16 REPLIES 16

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Have never experienced that problem myself.
Could it be a OnePlus 6 issue?
This and other threads talk about wifi disconnections but others also report the same issue as you're having on the mobile data connection...

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/frequent-wifi-connection-drops.1179702/

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Just searching a bit more and it looks like network connection drops are a common problem for some or all OnePlus phones and/or Oxygen OS updates.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

KevinC9659
Visitor
Heres what is strange though......

I never had this problem on my previous provider (three) who use the same network. In fact, I have dual slots on this phone. When I swap back to my three sim this doesn't happen once. But happens with the 48 connection when I swap back over to it. I live very close to the three mast and get excellent speeds. I also get great speeds with 48 but like I say, it's dropping the connection.

I hear what you are saying about the OnePlus phone issue you posted but I have never seen this problem on any OnePlus phones I have owned or this one I am using for over a year now. I have a wireless network that never drops off either. This issue has only appeared when I am connected to the 48 network. I am not convinced it's the phone.🙁

SaraL5804
Newcomer
If you are using dual SIMs then maybe try just the 48 SIM and see if that makes any difference.
Then try it in the other SIM slot and see if that makes any difference.
Also maybe try deleting the APN(s?) and reconfigure even if the settings are correct.
I doubt that it's the network otherwise there would presumably more reports of this problem.

Hope this helps.

KevinC9659
Visitor
Thanks for the replies.

I have since ported my number over and am only using the one sim now. I have also deleted apns, re-added apns, added apns with only internet, apns with both internet and mms centers, etc. Restarted phone after adding, etc, etc. It still happens. Notably longer before it happens sometimes, maybe 5+ mins.

Just to be clear this is only happening when I am downloading at high speeds (1Mb/sec+). The download speed drops lower and lower and then disconnect in top right of screen from 4g to nothing. 3 seconds later 4g re-appears and download picks up speed again. Sometimes it just disconnects immediately at high speeds for 3 seconds but there is often a noticable drop in speed a few seconds before it disconnects.

When I am not downloading this doesn't appear to be happening. (Need to keep an eye on it more but I don't think it is)

Like I said this literally NEVER happened when using the same network and mast for the last 5+ years with three and 1+ years on this exact phone. I am far from an expert on this but I must say to me the stability of this phone and previous network still make me believe it is not the phone, however, like is said, I'm no expert 🙁

I have no idea why my previous post appears under @SaraL5804 !

You might want to contact 48 support to see if they can look into it?

Hope this helps.

KevinC9659
Visitor
Sorry if this next question very off-topic but, I have a question about roaming. I didn't want to start another topic 🙂

If I travel to northern Ireland and make a phone call/text to an Irish mobile. Is this part of my 'unlimited' texts and calls?

I understand the 10gb roaming data part.

I am on the new 100gb unlimited calls/texts membership

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
> If I travel to northern Ireland and make a phone call/text to an Irish mobile. Is this part of my 'unlimited' texts and calls?

I think so but can't recall for sure.
You might want to check with support to be sure.

FionaD5539
Newcomer
Constantly no connection saying '4G network unavailable' and when I try to make a call its saying mobile network unavailable and phone is beeping every 2-3 seconds with message "emergency calls only'!