cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming

JohnO2564
Newcomer

Hi,

I am leaving to Italy tomorrow. The last few times I headed abroad I had no data roaming and had to rely on wifi throughout the holiday. I was wondering what is the problem with this. All my settings are correct. I have a Redmi K20 phone I am on the 7.99 a month deal which should allow me 10gb data roaming. Could someone please help with this.

Many thanks

5 REPLIES 5

Maybe have a read of this before you go in case it helps?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56518

I've no idea why my post appears under the name "PraveenKumarM9126". This seems to be a recurring bug with the forum where posts are misattributed. Man Frustrated

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

StephenO9641
Newcomer

Hi,

My last trip to Italy was badly compromised because 48's roaming did not work. It was not the settings on my phone, they wasted days of my trip before a tech eventually admitted it was their service at fault and they knew about it already.

Anyway, my question is has this issue been resolved? Travelling again in a few weeks and will move to another provider if not.

Cheers

I think that you'll have to contact 48 support and ask them if the issue that you refer to (whatever it is, you don't clarify) has been fixed. See the link in my signature below.

If you do stick with 48 then I would suggest that you look at the suggestions for dealing with roaming issues linked here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Internet/How-to-fix-no-network-service-when-roaming/m-p/56677/highlight/t...

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks Dalyer.

But I don't trust them at all as they told me roaming was fine and had me playing about with settings for hours over several calls while I should have been enjoying my holiday last year.Before finally admitting there was a known problem.

I don't have details as it was something at their end they were 'working to resolve'. It was however well reported by other users at the time so I am wondering if anyone who had problems then, has first hand experience of it persisting, or not.