cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get signal abroad

EoghanB5549
Newcomer

I am in the USA on holidays for a few weeks, I was assured by 48 that my phone would work while i was here and there is not a bar of signal on my phone since I arrived.

I dont need data roaming while I am here, or even to make calls, all I need is to be able to recieve texts if I am siging in to certain websites that will text me a confirmation code, or if my bank wants to confirm a purchase. 

I had a brief layover in Toronto, Canada and the phone had perfect signal there, however since I arrived in the USA there has been nothing. Everything on 48's site says that Canada and the USA have the same rates and the same coverage, so I dont understand why I cant connect.

I have tried fiddling with settings as advised on other posts on this forum, including manually switching networks, but to no avail. The best I have managed is to briefly connect to T-mobiles network, but not enough to receive any signal and I still lost connection again within 30 seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this could yet cause major problems on this trip if I cannot get it sorted

2 REPLIES 2

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Do the links in this post help at all?

https://community.48.ie/t5/Memberships/How-and-where-can-I-chat-with-a-customer-care-agent/m-p/57806...

If not then you'll have to contact 48 support.

Be aware that many people have been having problems with roaming lately and some seem to have never been able to get it working even though it should work obviously.

You definitely will not have data as 48 only supports roaming data in Europe.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for your help, I tried the advice mentioned in those links but still no signal unfortunately. I will try contacting 48 support when they open in the morning