cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to '48 4G' Network...

DenisB6311
Visitor

Hi.  I'm trying to use my 48 sim with a Huawei E5573 4G(LTE) modem.  Using the Default settings, I connect ok, but only to the '3 IRL 3G' network.  When I change my Connection type to 'Manual', the modem scans for available networks and finds the following;

screenshot42.png

Two things to note here - a '48 4G' network is found, and no '3 IRL 4G' network is present.  I also have a 3 Broadband account, which I access using a Huawei B525 modem, and I have a 3-4 bar 4G signal with that, so I don't understand why the E5573 cannot detect a '3 IRL 4G' network.

Anyway, when I try connecting the the '48 4G' network after 20-30 seconds I get a 'connection failed' error.  I've done some searching on the forum for info, and throught maybe it had something to do with the Connection Profile settings.  To that end, I've created a new '48' profile with the APN field set to '48months.liffeytelecom.com', Username = 'user', and Password = [blank] - all to no avail...

So, would anyone know why I cannot get the E5573 modem to connect to the '48 4G' network?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Use the settings here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

Follow the instructions exactly.

Only fill in the fields mentioned.

Leave all others (including user and password) unset.

If that doesn't help then you'll need to contact 48 support for more advice.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

5 REPLIES 5

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Use the settings here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Other-Help/Internet-not-working-on-HUAWEI-ASCEND-g6-u10/m-p/34493#M12560

Follow the instructions exactly.

Only fill in the fields mentioned.

Leave all others (including user and password) unset.

If that doesn't help then you'll need to contact 48 support for more advice.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.  Well, this is a bit embarrasing, I switch from the B525 to the E5573 in order to try out some of the stuff you linked to, only to see this;

screenshot47.png

- all I guess that was needed was to disable/restart the network connection, having first created the new '48' network profile, which included the '48months.liffeytelecom.com' APN bit.

Thanks for the help!

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

But it's working ok now?
If so that's great and glad to hear it.
If you change the APN settings I think you have to reboot or at least toggle airplane mode on and off.

EamonnW7415
Newcomer

Your post was blank @EamonnW7415 - did you mean to post a question/issue?