cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activated SIM, bought membership plan, but no calls/data

Hello, 

I just ordered a new 48 sim, I clicked activate sim and logged in. It showed a free 1 GB plan and asked to buy a plan. I ported my previous sim to 48 and bought a 10.99 plan with an activation fee. However, I can't get any data or calls after 6 hours on my phone. I never got the option to enter my activation code on my sim anywhere either

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

This is the process for activating a SIM:

Did you follow those steps? 

You don't enter the activation code "on the SIM".

You enter it into the SIM activation web form when prompted. 

Do you have a network connection to the 48 network? 

If not then if you do a manual search for networks can you see and connect to 48?

Is your phone unlocked for use on any network?

Can you receive calls? Send/receive texts? 

Did you configure your APN settings for mobile data to work? 

Text "APN" to 50048 and follow the instructions here:

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hello, thanks for responding so quickly. I didn't mean 'enter activation code on my sim', I clicked activate sim and it showed a free 1 GB plan available and my profile showed that number is ported. there wasn't prompt on the website where I could enter my activation code. 

My phone settings show access point 48 Internet but Operator shows No service-48 

I cant receive calls or texts on the phone.

You'll probably have to contact 48 support for further assistance with this issue. 

See the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

LiniyaE8962
Newcomer

I logged in from another email ID and activated the sim. Then it shows to buy a new plan and gave me a new number. When I enter to port number it shows already exist. This is weird. So where would my previous plan be at.

As I already said, you'll need to contact 48 support about this issue. 

See the links in my signature below.

thanks