Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

4 days to port a number?

Newcomer
‎13-10-2020 03:43 PM
Hey, I’m new to 48. On Friday I activated the sim, wanted to keep my old number, was told it would take an ‘few hours’ to port the number, so I went ahead and paid for the first month’s membership.
It is now Tues, I still have no service! What’s really annoying is no real way of contacting them to sort it! I emailed-they said it could take 7 days to reply, I sent them a msg on Messenger-they did get back asking me to confirm sim number, email add etc-then nothing. I cannot see any Chat option, so I literally am stuck!Anyone else having these issues?surely it shouldn’t take this long. If I had gone with a new number, would I have service immediately? I ask because my daughter might join, I won’t let her wait this long.
I think I’m regretting moving from Eir.
Posted from Apple iPhone
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: 4 days to port a number?

The Legend
‎13-10-2020 04:20 PM
You need to contact 48 support about this.
Unfortunately the chat facility seems to come and go randomly and you just have to keep checking until you can access it.
Sorry I can't be of any more help!

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes
Highlighted

The Legend
‎13-10-2020 04:39 PM

The Chat facility was not appearing for me on mobile a few minutes ago but I just switched to the computer/laptop and it appears there now.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee so if you need to contact 48 support then please see here.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Newcomer
‎13-10-2020 04:51 PM
Having the same issue yeah, manged to get in touch with the chat support and was brought through confirming my APN settings to no avail, then was just told to wait a few hours. Joined up Monday morning and bought a membership in the meantime but still no connectivity
Posted from Generic Android 2.0
0 Likes
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
The Legend
‎13-10-2020 05:13 PM

APN settings have nothing to do with number porting issues.

Seems odd if they checked those hoping to fix a number porting issue! 

@PeterB8566  is your phone unlocked for use on any network?

Was the SIM activated OK?

Switch the phone off, take the SIM out and reseat it and switch the phone on again.

If you do a manual search for networks can you see any?

Can you see and connect to 48?

If not then is roaming/data roaming enabled?

If it is not then enable it and try again.

Do you have another unlocked phone to try the SIM in?

Hope this helps.

0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community