Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our website is evolving!

techie_kev
Crew
Crew

Hi everyone,

Our new website has gone live and we hope you love it as much as we do!  

Image of the new 48 website

This is phase one of our website redesign, with phase two coming in the middle of July.  Phase one focuses on improving everything to do with your SIM (ordering a SIM, activating a new or replacement SIM, moving your number to 48) and improving My 48 to allow you to manage your 48 account much more easily. 

As part of the My 48 changes, your add-ons will now expire in line with your membership when you renew it.  This is something you guys said you wanted us to fix so that everything expires at the same time.

Phase two will focus on further improving how you buy memberships and add-ons, and add credit to your account.

We won’t be stopping there and there will be further phases to deliver better experiences for you on My 48 over the coming weeks and months.  This will also include the launch of the site as a fully responsive website, so it will be tailored to fit whatever device you are viewing the site on (laptop, tablet or smartphone).

We’ve been listening to a lot of your ideas and suggestions over the last while and we spent a lot of time working with some of the best web experts in Ireland to redesign the site.  We hope it will make things a lot easier for you when you use our website and also to make it easier for new customers to join 48.

So, let us know what you think by commenting below. If something isn’t working as it should let us know too.  Please be patient as there may still be one or two pesky bugs we’ll need to fix (we’ve done lots of testing but we may not have found all of them!).

Til next time,

Techie Kev 

33 REPLIES 33

navi
Visitor

I'm also having a problem paying with the new site. I'm using Chrome on a Nexus 7 running Android 4.4.4. I have previously used the same card on the old site without issues. Whern I press the order button it just brings me back to the same page.

Maybe this is happening again?

Can't pay by card

If the online card payment pages don't work for you on the phone over data try over wifi or on a computer in case that's the problem. According to one of the posts in the above thread the 3D Secure/Verified by VISA verification page may not work over a data connection when you have no data allowance left.

Otherwise contact 48 support for assistance:

How to get help

And in the meantime maybe topup your credit balance by voucher and buy stuff by text?

How do I top up? Overview of the top-up payment op... 

How do I buy stuff by text?

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for the reply. The device I'm using has no SIM card, it is wifi only. I will try to make a payment from a different machine later. 

OK - so your problem is not down to inability to see/access the secure payment pages over the carrier date connection with no data allowance so. Must be something else. If it doesn't work elsewhere (e.g. on a computer browser) then I'd suggest logging a support request and trying the topup by voucher if possible for now.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I have just tried with a Windows 7 netbook and the payment was completed successfully. Perhaps the problem was with Android and/or Chrome on Android. Thanks again for your help.

Ok - that seems odd if you were on wifi anyway...

Still might be worth reporting it in case it's a general issue affecting others.

Certainly a few people lately have been reporting online payment issues - maybe due to different issues...

But glad you got sorted anyway.

I can't top up..

I have a topup voucher, but when I click on buy membership, I enter the voucher code, then nothing happens.

It just keeps bringing me back to the same page all the time.

My parents have tried to top me up using the voucher as a gift, but they get the same result.

Can you not put the site back to the way it was? It was so easy to topup then.

It's a nightmare now.

I have spent hours at it, and I have no credit, and therefore cannot topup.

I can't see any option to pay for membership with a voucher directly.

Where are you entering the voucher code in an attempt to pay for membership directly with the voucher?

Don't you have to topup your credit balance with the voucher first and only then buy membership by paying for it from your credit balance?

How do I top up? Overview of the top-up payment op...

Have you tried doing this:

• Login
  • Go to yout "My 48" home page
  • Where it lists "Account Credit" click on the "Add credit" link
  • Select "Top-up" ... "With a top-up voucher"
  • Enter the 12 digit voucher code 
  • Click "do it"

If that tops up your credit balance then you can buy membership from your credit balance online or by text.

How do I buy stuff by text?

In case it's of any relevance, at least one person recently reported that the Omnivend voucher that they got did not work and they had to contact Omnivend to get an updated code - i.e. the problem was with the voucher sold by the third party and not with 48 or their site per se.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Can-I-top-up-with-add-on/m-p/26663#M8428

If none of that helps then contact 48 support for assistance:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
I see not only i have a same problems with top ups or different payments on a website. I tried different options and no result at all. As someone already said everything anyway bringing back to the same start page of payment.

Did you log a support request to ask 48 support about your problems making online payments/topups?