cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use network abroad in the EU

JackJ2517
Newcomer
Hello, I’ve recently moved to another EU country where my network has been switched to BASE. Connecting to the new network was no problem and I usually have all 5 bars with regards connectivity. However, I cannot make calls or send texts ( it says call failed or something along those lines) and I cannot use any mobile data. I have tried to make calls with and without country codes but they always fail. My 48 subscription is valid and has gone pretty much unused this last month due to my move. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

I’m using an apple iPhone 6 by the way. Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Since you have an iPhone this may be relevant due to the stupid way that Apple do things:

https://community.48.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/iPhone-abroad-issue/td-p/36862

If that doesn't work post back or contact 48 support.
See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JackJ2517
Newcomer
Hi thanks for the reply. That link is not useful to me as I can connect to the local network no problem. I followed the steps anyways but to no avail. My problem is that though I’m connected to a network, my calls and texts fail to go through on every occasion and my mobile data does not work. Though I have the network and 5 bar connectivity in my phones left corner of the screen, when i turn on data I get no LTE or 3G symbol and obviously internet doesn’t work then. Any insight is appreciated.

JackJ2517
Newcomer
Do I need additional credit perhaps? Although my phone does not tell me more is needed when calls fail and my subscription to 48 is valid.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
EU roaming calls/texts/data are covered by membership.
You'll probably need to contact 48 support.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.