1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What bank?

What sort of message?

What number did it come from?

What happens when you try to reply?

I've never heard of a situation where a bank needed a reply by SMS from a customer.

But if it's a premium SMS 5xxxx number then you can't send messages to such numbers on 48.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

What bank?

What sort of message?

What number did it come from?

What happens when you try to reply?

I've never heard of a situation where a bank needed a reply by SMS from a customer.

But if it's a premium SMS 5xxxx number then you can't send messages to such numbers on 48.

If you need to contact 48 support about this then see the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

DesM3029
Newcomer
PTSB is the bank. A message to confirm a debit card purchase.Number 50331. So its a premium number. Thanks for your reply.

I bank with PTSB and have never received a text from them today I had to reply to.

But anyway, you can't send texts to premium SMS 5xxxx numbers on 48 unfortunately.

Are you absolutely sure that is not a smishing attempt?

DesM3029
Newcomer
Not a scam. Because I could not reply to the banks text my card was locked and I had to phone their fraud depth to get it unlocked.