cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Txt messages to iPhone/iMessage users work but not to others

evemc
Newcomer

I recently signed up / bought plan. I have been able to send text messages to anyone who has an IPhone (as I have an IPhone) but messages to those who don’t have an IPhone the messages are failing - I have been on to 48Help for the past week and everything they have asked me to check / try is not working - Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Are you sure that messages to non-iPhone/iMessage users are being sent as SMS messages and not iMessages?

What do you mean by this?

I have been on to 48Help for the past week and everything they have asked me to check / try is not working

What are they asking you to check?

And if it's not working then isn't that your problem?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for you reply.

I switched off Imessage on my phone like they told me and still messages wouldnt go through.  

They are giving me a # number to ring and check the Message Centre number but I get an error when I do that and its not just me I have asked two other people on different networks and they get the same error

If its not working then NO it is not my problem, I didnt have this problem with previous provider only since I switched over - this is why I put the question up here in case someone else had this problem when they switched and they got it resolved.

What happens if you follow the instructions here for failed messages to explicitly resend them as SMSs rather than iMessages?

Sounds to me like an iMessage issue than an SMSC issue. 

In any case the code for checking the SMSC only works on old iPhones. 

I meant if something that 48 support didn't work then didn't that indicate what the problem was. 

But if they gave you misleading advice (to use a code to check/set the SMSC on an iPhone that doesn't support it) then that's probably moot.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.