cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial 1GB mobile data allowance doesn't offer 5G?

JohnB3091
Newcomer

Does anyone ese think it a bit churlish that the 1GB trial plan only includes 4G coverage. I signed up for a trial recently specifically and only to test the 5G performance. It was only after I activated the sim that I discovered it was limited to 4G only. Since I was only interested in 5G performance the trial plan was of no interest to me. By the way the 1GB expired fairly quickly after ony a few speedtests with Ookla.

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Maybe contact 48 support and ask them if/when they might extend the trial 1GB mobile data allowance to 5G?

See the links in my signature below. 

Do other mobile providers offer any free trial data allowance? I didn't think so.

> By the way the 1GB expired fairly quickly after ony a few speedtests with Ookla.

In case it helps at all 

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Hi dalyer, Thanks for your reply. Yes I had contacted 48 support prior to posting my comment on here and they confirmed that the trial did not include 5G coverage and if it ever became available on a trial they would contact me. My main point is that 48 should make it clear at the outset that 5G would not be included. If they had I would not have bothered going through the hassle of signing up  As to whether any other providers offer a free trial it's a moot point as I won't pay for any service of this type unless I know the quality of the service offered.

> My main point is that 48 should make it clear at the outset that 5G would not be included

I agree with that but...

> As to whether any other providers offer a free trial it's a moot point

I disagree with this. It's not moot if 48 are doing the same as other providers with regard to 5G trial data - i.e. not offering it.

> as I won't pay for any service of this type unless I know the quality of the service offered.

So if, as it seems, no mobile provider offers 5G trial data to test the service before having to pay for services then you're never going to use 5G?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.