cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service

cian10
Newcomer
I’ve no service and none of ur community stuff has anything to do with it I need someone to solve this asap
146 REPLIES 146

@uknaus wrote:

New SIM did not help at all, have the same problem. No contact possible with 48

When you say "no contact possible with 48" - what do you mean? You can't contact them on line or they are not responding?

There is work needed within the admin side of things to get your new SIM card working on the network. I had assumed that I could activate it via the 48months.ie web site, but that wasn't the case for my situation, similar to others on this thread, I think.

You will need to start a chat session with the support team to get your new SIM working - once that work is done by support, insert the SIM into the phone, power up, and then if "48" is not showing up, then re-scan networks again - at that stage "48" should be showing up on the list. Again, support will go through all this with you. Also, don't forget to ask for credit to be added to your account if you were impacted by the upgrade.

I sent 4 requests to 48 in last 5 days, no answer. Chat was not wporking for me the whole morning.

@uknaus wrote:

I sent 4 requests to 48 in last 5 days, no answer. Chat was not wporking for me the whole morning.

Hi - I've contacted support via "chat" and asked them to look into your issue, quoting this thread and your user name. Hopefully, they'll have you sorted very soon...

Thanks so much, I hope sometihng will happen, have no working phone since Nov 22

@uknaus wrote:

Thanks so much, I hope sometihng will happen, have no working phone since Nov 22

no problem at all - I know how frustrating it is...

Any specific reason why your chat services won't work? Are you on 48months.ie via a browser? Is it just not showing up for you?

Did not work at all, no connection, on my usual computer (Windows 10). Worked just now on an old computer.

Thanks Ulla

Hi Uknaus,

Please use this link - https://www.48months.ie/my-48 to first login to your My48 account and then on the left side of your device you'll find the option as "Chat now" pop up just click on that and then you can initiate the chat with the 48 support.

ang94
Visitor
Im still not connected even tho I put in replacement SIM. My membership is up but I don't want to pay unless I can reconnect. Does this have a bearing on connection?

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Even without membership you can receive calls and texts.
Did you activate the replacement SIM?
As a replacement and not a new SIM?
If your search for networks can you see and connect to 48?

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

uknaus
Visitor
I tried to activate the SIM several times. Finally had a chat with somebody from 48, which was difficult as I could not connect to chat for hours. 48 activated the replacement SIM and it works now. Nobody answered my trouble tickets. You need to try to connect by chat. Took me now about 10 days to get service again.