cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Problems - Verification SMS

JosephD7343
Newcomer

Hi, wonder if someone can help me with a tricky issue.

I have been using 48 for 3 months now, and normal calling, sms, internet are all working mostly fine.
However,
I cannot receive verification/password SMS messages from certain services.  For example requests from SumUp or pins numbers from DocuSign or Verified by Visa.
Other services can message me fine, e.g. Banks, 48 notifications, An Post, DHL and individuals. 

At a guess it's something to do with where the message is coming from, potentially outside Ireland ?
The same services could message me fine when I was on Vodafone a few months ago, or on Gomo previously.  The same services are working fine for my wife.  I've confirmed the numbers.

I have been in touch with 48 customer care but they could not help at all.

If anyone has any ideas that would be great... otherwise I will have to move to another provider this week.  Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

A few people have reported such problems but it seems to be OK for others.

For example I get all of mine - including Verified by VISA which is one of the one that you report as problematic?

I don't really understand why some people have problems in this area but if 48 support can't explain or fix it maybe nobody can? 😞

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

KathrynM6726
Newcomer
I have the same issue. Generally banking or verification One Time Passcodes (OTP). This issues stops me from online banking or making online purchases on my credit card.

I have been onto 48 MULTIPLE times.. NO HELP AT ALL .
I am sooo sick of this issue, it is extremely frustrating.

If something is not resolved soon I will leave 48 as I need to be able to carry on with my online banking.

48 keep telling me - nothing has been stopped on my account... but still can't receive OTP codes since I joined 48 in Jan 21. And BEGORE I joined 48... i had no problem receiving these codes with ANY other mobile phone provider

I have the same problem since Friday. I'm locked out of Airbnb, Paypal, and can't get other verification-code texts.  Ordinary texts seem to be getting through, although I didn't get this week's reminder text from City Bin, nor one for a medical appointment.

I cross-checked the Data and MMMS APNs, rebooted (often) etc. but no use.  I use an iPhone 12 but I also tried the SIM in an older Galaxy 7.  Same problem in both - I get data and some texts but not the code-verification ones. (The Airbnb troubleshooting FAQ recommended asking my provider to allow "short code text messaging".  I passed that on to 48 for what it's worth !

I've been with 48 for some years but I'll have to go elsewhere if the problem is not solved in a few days.  I've been on to 48 Support but am not very encouraged by their lack of specifics.

Kerryc9216
Visitor
I am having the same issue. All was fine with previous provider ported my number sim went into a new phone APN checked and correct service message centre number checked and correct cleared cache and data put additional credit on my account and then told 48 don't block any numbers. Thank you and chat ended. Same conversation with them numerous times, sent email to support. Starting to get quite frustrated now

KelvinF6068
Newcomer

I'm having the same issue. Can't get verification texts for Credit Union, online banking or food delivery.

It's proving to be a massive issue for me, and support at 48 have been absolutely USELESS so far.

ArtjomsA4782
Newcomer

SeanC4186
Newcomer
Wake the **bleep** up 48???? Fix this

ValerieC1764
Newcomer
Ridic!!! Like this since Fri..