cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS not sending

MelanieH5628
Newcomer

Hi,

I recently joing 48 and encounter now problems when sending text messages. I have an iphone 8 plus and I'm on the 100GB membership (unlimited calls & texts). When I try to send a message to a non iphone number, I get a 'not delivered' message (with a red exclamation mark). I've checked the web to look for solutions (smsc number etc) but I'm stuck and can't seem to find a solution.

Any help is much appreciated!!

3 REPLIES 3

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

Any chance it's an iMessage issue if messages are going to other iPhone (and iMessage?) users but not non iPhone/iMessage users?

You might want to search for Apple/iPhone help on iMessage and how it works (or not!) to send regular SMS messages to non iPhone/iMessage users.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

JPH9726
Newcomer
I joined over a week ago for my mothers phone. Am using a doro (non smart) phone. No txt will send. Not suprising as the network will simply not work at any time of the day. I cannt find a 48 employee to contact.

@JPH9726 wrote:
I joined over a week ago for my mothers phone. Am using a doro (non smart) phone. No txt will send. Not suprising as the network will simply not work at any time of the day. I cannt find a 48 employee to contact.

https://community.48.ie/t5/Just-Hang-Out/No-network-since-Friday-evening/td-p/50611/highlight/false/...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.