cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming in Turkey not working

IstvanS3794
Newcomer

Hi, I am in Turkey and I can't receive or make any phone calls. I know that I don't have roaming but at least phone calls. Please help. Thank yoy.

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

@IstvanS3794 wrote:
Hi, I am in Turkey and I can't receive or make any phone calls. I know that I don't have roaming but at least phone calls. Please help. Thank yoy.

What happens when you try to make a call or send a text?

Do you have cash credit on your account to pay for incoming and outgoing calls and outgoing texts?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Same issue. Followed all the advised steps, have plenty of credit, but cannot make or receive calls !

Are you sure that you have an active membership AND cash credit on your account to pay for outgoing/incoming calls, outgoings texts, and mobile data? 

Do you have a connection to a local network?

Can you receive texts (which are not charged for from cash credit)?

Unfortunately many people still seem to have problems when trying to use roaming services for some reason and nobody from 48 has ever explained why or provided a guaranteed fix.

As such, the usual generic advice for roaming issues applies...

If your SIM predates January 2023 then a replacement may mitigate or eliminate roaming problems: 

It may be worthwhile reviewing these two threads in case any of the suggestions help to avoid roaming problems:

If you still have problems then you'll probably need to contact 48 support for further assistance.

See the links in my signature below.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for your help on this. I was able to pick up a local network no problem but not able to make or receive calls.

So while I have my account set up to auto deduct from my bank details, I added extra credit (through my profile/payment details/add credit) and this has now worked and am able to make & receive calls again but runs down credit quickly.

I should also add that what threw me was that I have plenty of unused minutes and data on my existing plan (which I thought made me in “credit”) but you need to actually have that additional credit purchased which is a pain - particularly when I have a card set up to be deducted from as needed. I also have a pre-23 Sim btw.

Membership plan bundled call, text and data allowances only cover use in Ireland or while roaming in the EU/UK.

For other regions/countries in which 48 supports roaming you need cash credit to pay for services (and an active membership plan).

When roaming in certain countries, and, in particular, Turkey, you need an active membership plan and cash credit on your account to pay for services. 

You have to put this cash credit on your account manually. 

It's never automatically charged to any registered bank card.

The only automatic payment that can happen on 48, if you choose to enable it, is membership plan auto-renewal.