cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In what countries does 48 roaming work?

BarbarosU3402
Newcomer

I just want to ask about the "actual" roaming coverage of 48. On your website it says "all around the world" roaming rates. But in reality, roaming isn't supported outside of EU/UK. 

Actually one of my friends went somewhere abroad and his 48 SIM Card didn't get any signal at all. And web chat told him that the country right he is in is an Asian country and no roaming agreement exists there.

But according to your website roaming exists for all of the countries. So from what I understand, the roaming info on your website is not reflecting the truth. You claim that there is roaming for all countries (otherwise there shouldn't be any roaming costs displayed for "all around the world") but in reality there isn't.

So it's not an honest business.

Care to explain what is the roaming supported countries in reality?

4 REPLIES 4

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
It is incorrect to say that roaming in only available in the EU+UK.
48 also supports roaming (calls and texts only, no data) in North America and Australia/New Zealand.
In the latter case you need cash credit on your account to pay for outgoing and incoming calls and outgoing texts while roaming.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
Oh never mind. Seems that the areas covered by 48 roaming are now even more widespread...

https://48.ie/charges/roaming
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

YuanyuanL1302
Newcomer

web chat is not reliable

Can you be more specific about the problems that you are having with the support chat facility?

You can also email support at support@48months.zendesk.com if that helps.

If you have cause for complaint then see here: