cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imessage and Facetime not activating

DylanOR1344
Newcomer

Hi I recently moved from vodafone to 48 and since then I cannot activate my Imessage or Facetime. I have been in an Apple Support for 3 hours now and still no luck. I have searched "Ask The Community" and some people previously had this issue. According to the posts back in 2013, 48 isnt recognised as an official carrier by Apple and since they then have to send a verification code, the verification code costs 25c to send and every account only has 1c in them so this means we cannot use our numbers now to activate Imessage or Facetime. Please either get the carrier recognised or fill our account with the €7.99 a month so that we can get the verification codes. If you lose coverage or turn on airplane mode it will need to be verified again which is why not having money in the account is an issue. Please fix this issue or a lot of people will have to switch back to previous carriers and plans.

Any help to resolve this issue would be received greatfully.

1 REPLY 1

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
In my opinion this is Apple's problem and not 48's.
It makes no sense that they insist on this stupid "activation" process (for the iPhone itself and then for iMessage and FaceTime).
I think you should ask Apple to cease this practice.
BTW UK/international SMSs cost 7.38c and not 25c on 48.

https://48.ie/charges/international-calls
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.