cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need Sm-DP number to manually set up esim? where do i find

MounaM3813
Newcomer

I have an existing 48.ie sim but I wan to convert to esim and i need SM-DP +address, where do I find it ?

6 REPLIES 6

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

The only Irish carrier that supports eSIMs is Vodafone as far as I know.

I don't think that 48 support them and I don't think that you will be able to convert your 48 SIM into an eSIM.

However you might want to check with 48 support to find out for sure.

See the link in my signature below or email them at support@48months.zendesk.com

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

This has changed in the last few weeks with both Lyca (runs on Threes network) and Three now both support eSIMs. However when this shows up on 48 is another story as I remember enabling 4G taking a long time as well as 4G while roaming only appearing last year.

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/help/esim
https://community.three.ie/t5/3MadeEasy/All-About-eSIM/ba-p/786044

I’ve just been in touch with 48 because I’ve just upgraded to an iPhone 14 (from a 6s plus) and they don’t support eSIM technology at the moment.
So this means we have to find a different network provider 🤯
How frustrating when you’ve supported 48 from the get-go and now have to move because they’re not up to speed.

I thought that only US iPhone 14s had no SIM tray and only supported eSIMs?

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

I wish that was the case…then I’d be sorted. I got my iPhone 14 from a well-known authorised apple retailer here in Ireland. So they’re selling them here for sure.

That's odd, because according to Apple themselves only the US iPhone 14 model lacks a physical SIM tray and the European version has one.

In any case, if your iPhone 14 doesn't have one and only supports an eSIM then I guess you'll have to move to one of the few Irish providers that supports them.