cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive SMS

DarrenJ3181
Newcomer

I activated my 48 sim last Thursday. My number was ported over on Monday.

Since then however I have had intermittent problems sending/receiving sms texts. I have been onto the live chat every day since Monday. The problem is nearly resolved but I am not able to receive service messages (ie, from google, whatsapp, bank etc...).

I was told twice today to factory reset my phone on live chat and the problem would resolve. It hasn't. I'm now locked out of most of my accounts as my google has 2 step verification. 2nd step being a text message (that i cannot receive). I dont have a laptop, I'm typing this on my TV.

Has anyone any idea how to get this working? Ive tried the message centre etc, and it's all setup as intended. My phone is a cubot note 20. I also have huawei P20 and it is the exact same behavior.

Kind regards,

Darren

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
I don't know if ordering a replacement SIM night help but at this stage it might be worth a shot.
For what it's worth I get all such two factor authentication texts fine from those and other services.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

DarrenJ3181
Newcomer
I've ordered a replacement. I've never encountered a problem like it before as all other messages and calls seem to work.

You're not, by any chance, running custom ROMs on those phones instead of the manufacturers' versions of Anrdoid?

I've seen this issue with some custom ROMs...

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

GerryS6399
Newcomer
Same on my iPhone 8

DarrenJ3181
Newcomer
No it's basically brand new. Android 10. No custom ROMs.

thinktribeq2372
Newcomer
Ok. Unfortunately I can't make any suggestions so.

I've no idea why my previous post appears under the name @thinktribeq2372 !?!?