cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

roaming in Dubai?

Anon
Not applicable

Am i right in thinking my phone will not work while in Dubai?

20 REPLIES 20

Odd - because the roaming destinations listed are only EU, "rest of Europe", North America and Oceania - none of which would include Dubai... And the other person's experience in the other thread was that it didn't work in Dubai. I'm confused and have asked 48 support separately for some clarification on this.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable
Let me know if you are told different thanks. Found it odd also

OK - looks like you got incorrect advice.

The word back from 48 to me is that roaming will only work in the destinations/countries listed on the other call charges page.

Dubai is not listed so roaming will not work there.

Other call charges

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Thanks for pointing this out guys. So, like dalyer mentioned, roaming should indeed not work in Dubai. It should only work in the regions specified in the Other call charges page. Apologies that you seem to have been given the wrong information on this, 48 will clarify things with the agent.

Anon
Not applicable
Oh well. Only had my hopes up for a day or so I suppose.

Anon
Not applicable
This is the latest I have been told by the Go48 Team
Hi James,
You will be able to use your phone in Dubai.
You will need extra credit and active membership.
The only thing that will not work is your data as we don't support it abroad.
You will have to connect to WIFI.
Hope this helps,
Ryan @ the 48 care crew
Go conquer!

This is bizarre - I was explicitly told the opposite and that only the regions/countries listed on the other call charges page are supported. And given that at least one other person could not get roaming working in Dubai I believe that it will not work. It's disappointing that the tech support advice is contradictory here.... 

Anon
Not applicable
Very annoying. I've asked them to clarify AGAIN but I'm taking it that it won't work. Was just hoping!!

If I was you I'd definitely make alternative plans.

If if does work (which I doubt) then well and good.

If not then you have a fallback plan.

Unfortunately the fallback will almost certainly mean a different number for the duration of your stay unless you can forward/redirect calls to your current number onto another one or something...

Anon
Not applicable
Ah it doesn't bother me at all really. Won't miss the phone and wasn't planning on using it much anyway so was just curious more than anything. People can whatsapp me if needs be. I'll have wifi in the hotel