Accepted Solution

refreshing sim/not Registered

Newcomer
‎07-12-2015 10:19 AM
Hi I am experiencing difficulty with the network. All morning it flashes up on my phone "sim refreshing " and I cannot make a call. I still have my monthly membership and I have turned the phone on and off and removed the sim and cleaned it and still no luck.
Can you help please
Posted from Samsung GT-I9505
0 Likes

Accepted Solutions

Re: refreshing sim/not Registered

The Legend
‎07-12-2015 11:51 AM

A few people have reported this problem recently and they all seem to be using Samsung Galaxy phones.

Those phones do have a problem whereby they spontaneously lose settings for some reason.

This is reported all over the internet and is not specific to 48 but I have never seen a general fix for the problem.

All I can suggest here is 

1. Switch off, take the SIM out, gently clean the contacts, reinsert it, switch on and see if that helps at all.
  2. Double check that roaming/data roaming is enabled and all internet settings are correct if relevant. See here: http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560 
  3. Manually scan for networks and if you see 48 try to connect to it.

If all else fails then you will probably need to contact 48 support for assistance:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.

View solution in context

1 Like

All Replies

The Legend
‎07-12-2015 11:51 AM

A few people have reported this problem recently and they all seem to be using Samsung Galaxy phones.

Those phones do have a problem whereby they spontaneously lose settings for some reason.

This is reported all over the internet and is not specific to 48 but I have never seen a general fix for the problem.

All I can suggest here is 

1. Switch off, take the SIM out, gently clean the contacts, reinsert it, switch on and see if that helps at all.
  2. Double check that roaming/data roaming is enabled and all internet settings are correct if relevant. See here: http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet/m-p/34493#M12560 
  3. Manually scan for networks and if you see 48 try to connect to it.

If all else fails then you will probably need to contact 48 support for assistance:

http://www.48months.ie/help#ask-a-48-agent

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support then please click here - if the Chat Now option does not appear on that page then keep trying until it does.
1 Like

Newcomer
‎07-12-2015 11:54 AM
Thanks for tat answer hopefully it will solve the problem
1 Like

The Legend
‎07-12-2015 11:20 PM
Did you get sorted?

0 Likes

Newcomer
‎07-12-2015 11:54 PM
I did thanks so much for the info much appreciated
0 Likes

The Legend
‎08-12-2015 02:09 PM
Glad you got it sorted.

Posted from Micromax A310
0 Likes

Visitor
‎23-06-2021 06:32 AM
How did you solve the issue? Please.
Posted from Samsung SM-A405FN
0 Likes

Newcomer
‎20-02-2022 04:20 PM

Posted from Samsung SM-A107F
0 Likes

Announcements
Welcome to the 48Community!

To take part in the discussions or to post your own question, you'll need to register so If you haven't already registered, now is a good time to do so. Register now >>

While you're here, check out our "Featured Topics" below.

Our Troubleshooting Guide and Knowledgebase contain help and support articles and popular questions to help you as a 48 customer.

Top Discussions
Order a free SIM
Earn some extra credit or cash with MatesRates!
Unlock your phone
Ask the community