cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of action

Anon
Not applicable

hi there, i registered my sim at around 5:45 this evening and by 6 my phone was completely out of action as regards phonecalls and texts, does this mean that i have to wait until 10 tomorrow for the rest of my registration to take place?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll really need to log a support request to ask 48 support to look into this for you. I posted the link above with info on how to do this.

Hope this helps.
I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend

As you may have seen elsewhere there was a problem this evening whereby most or all 48 users could not initiate outgoing calls (incoming was OK as were texts). This problem seemed to start around 5PM and seems to have been rectified around 9PM. I'm not sure if this will have affected your registration but maybe check if you can login, buy membership and make calls. For what it's worth I don't think that this is a common occurrence - the last time I remember such a problem was December 2012 when some or all network coverage was lost for a couple of hours around Xmas.

Hope this helps.

I am not a 48 employee - if you need to contact 48 support you can do so by chat, email (support@48months.zendesk.com) or phone.

Anon
Not applicable

yes i was able to login and buy membership but i am still unable to text or make calls. there is no network appearing on my phone and it is telling me 'emergency calls only'. so if yesterdays breakdown did affect my registration what should i do?

Are you sure that your phone is unlocked for use on any network?

48 Starter Guide

Does your online account look OK or does it display any errors?

If you still can't get things working then you'll need to contact 48 support for assistance:

How to get help

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Sorry about this but one final question, how can I tell that my phone was in fact unlocked if my meteor sim has already been deactivated by your crew? Thanks again

Normally if the phone is locked to a network it will only work with that network's SIM and any other SIM will generate a SIM/network unlock code prompt and emergency calls only mode. Can you try another SIM or try your 48 SIM in a phone that is definitely unlocked? As usualy it's a process of elimination to understand the issue.

Just to note it's not "my crew" - I don't work for 48. 🙂

Hope this helps.

Anon
Not applicable
Has anyone any idea why my number is still not transferred over considering I registered it Friday evening? 😞

dalyer
The Legend
The Legend
You'll really need to log a support request to ask 48 support to look into this for you. I posted the link above with info on how to do this.

Hope this helps.